‘Dry Fruits Katri’ for Diwali Festival
Everything around will have a special shine! Everything around will have a cheerful glow! Yes, a lovely festival of lights is just round the corner. We all know it’s a festival that brings lots of love and blessings to fill our life with hope for the best thing to come! Hindu Festival Diwali is on 3rd November.
Are you all indulged in preparing various sweets n savouries? I’m geared up completely… My kitchen is going to be a smart-hub of delicacies this time 🙂 And for a quick start, here is a quick and easy-to-follow recipe of ‘Dry Fruits Katri’ that you can make for your loved ones on this special occasion.
Makes: 12 pieces
1/2 cup Cashew nuts
1/2 cup Almonds
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Milk
4 tbsp Water
1 tsp Ghee
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
1. Grind cashew nuts and almonds together to make a coarse powder. Make sure they are at room temp before grinding.
2. Don’t try to make a fine powder as nuts will start releasing oil and it will become soggy.
3. Take sugar and water in a non-stick vessel and heat them till sugar dissolves. Make a 1-string consistency.
4. Add milk n nuts powder and mix everything well. Keep stirring continuously to make a soft dough consistency.
5. Transfer it to a greased (using ghee) plate and knead it for a while.
6. Roll it to make approx 1/4 inch thickness. Cool it down to room temp.
7. Cut them into diamond shape and it’s ready to serve!